Sunday, June 15, 2008

So it begins

I’m starting this blog so that I can share the details of my life with my family, friends, and random strangers whom I otherwise wouldn’t meet. One of the things that frequently frustrates me is the difficulty of getting into conversations with people about the really important things in life. So many relationships in our culture are deep only in their superficiality. There are a number of areas in my life where I am trying to work out what I believe and what are the most morally responsible things to do. One of my goals with this blog is to throw some of these ideas out there so that others can comment. I think that truth is best discovered in community. If you spend too much time by yourself staring into a fire watching wax melt your ideas won’t be challenged and they will be wacky. So feel free to comment on the things I say and tell me where you think I’ve gone wrong. We might both learn something.


-Jeff

2 comments:

Joel A. Shaver said...

I do like a good wax-melting session though...

Abungerism said...

Wax-melting sessions can be fun, just not incredibly informative.