Thursday, March 25, 2010

Organization

I was watching a customer fiddling with her money the other day and had a flashback to my childhood. I remember being at a toy store buying something. Dad was with me and I think this was probably one of the first times I had bought something with my own money - probably when Mom and Dad were initially trying to teach us good spending habits.

When I was putting away the change Dad told me that he likes to organize his bills by denomination - 20's behind 10's, 10's behind 5's, etc. He seemed to think that this was important, that it would save time in the long run. I remember thinking at the time,
I don't have time for that! Where are your priorities - there are Lego's to play with!
Well, I don't know how it happened, but years later I'm that guy holding up the line at Safeway putting my money away.

Thanks Dad. Now if I would just have the same attitude towards the rest of my life I could walk to my bed without stubbing my toes and tripping on stuff.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That's funny, Jeff. I never heard of anyone organizing their money in their wallet, until I met Peter. Funny that Unkie Cal does that too. :-) Hope you're doing well!

Anonymous said...

Dude, your profile says that you're 27 years old. Bullocks!

Justin